Thursday, November 30, 2006

When you're wrong.....

I know that many of you, like me, hardly ever feel you are wrong. Well, to that end, I am wrong. Was wrong, and realize now that I completely, and utterly almost ruined a very good thing.

Truly, a blessing in disguise, an opportunity to let Christ's light shine through me.

For all my mistakes, my blunders, my disobedience, the Lord still has showered blessings beyond comprehension on myself and my family. Many times we feel that blessings come in the form of monetary or material items, while it is true they can be, more oft than not, they are situations, circumstances and things that just open our eyes, nudge our hearts. Times come though, that it may be a form of monetary blessing, unexpected, or a material item that is sorely needed.

We then take that blessing, and use it as a tool to let Christ's light shine through us, to others. That is a blessing in and of itself - to be able to take what Christ has given us, and use it to glorify Him - as it should be.

This month, okay it's only November 30, but tomorrow is December 1 and I am talking the month of December, take 5 minutes a day to reflect on all that you have, and not just monetary or materalistic. Take into account situations that have shown you Christ's light, or allowed you to show Christ's light and works in your life to a family member, a friend, a stranger. Reflect on the salvation of your soul, that of your neighbor. Take 5 minutes to do something for someone other than yourself, to be a blessing in disguise to them. Take that 5 minutes just to reflect upon the greatness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Let's let Christ's light shine through us so bright this month, that we change the world for His glory.

No comments: