Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Problem With eBay

This is a bit off-topic, and more a rant than a mindless-mind-babble...but oh well.

Do you know the problem with eBay? Crooks.

You try to sell a decent item, at a decent price and next thing you know the buyer is demanding you refund shipping charges that were not even incurred (he refused to send the item back for repair, thus no shipping charges were incurred), or he is going to complain to eBay that you sold stolen merchandise.

Whoa - wait a minute. Who's the crook here? I bought an item, tested it, it worked okay with a few errors, I stated the errors, sold it AS-IS and now he is going to claim I sold him stolen goods, that I knew about the problem, and I should comply or he will dispute the charges with PayPal, file a claim to eBay about me selling a stolen item and take me through the wringer?

I don't think so.

First, I have the contact info of where I purchased said item from, second I have years as a tech to back up my testing, third I offered to repair it, but he refused because it would cost "too much to ship it back", fourth he now demands I "refund" the shipping charges that he "would" have paid had he sent it back.

Wow....whoa....wait.

No. I don't think so. Huh, uh! Get lost!

Anyway, I told him that if he really felt I sold stolen goods he could contact the law enforcement agency and my attorney rather than eBay. Or he could go through eBay and find out the same information that the law enforcement and my attorney would tell him.

Either way, I have little faith in selling items on eBay anymore.

No comments: