Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Define Crazy....

Define Crazy:

Working out for one hour, three days a week, performing aerobic, conditioning and strength training on those three days for a complete well rounded workout practice.

Eat healthy meals, low in fats and cholesterol.

Then destroy it all by smoking a pack and half of cigarettes a day, and drinking a six pack of beer every other day.

It makes me think of this analogy:

Take a 1964 1/2 Mustang, trick it, fix it, paint and put all the conditioning into it, then take it out every other day on a dirt road in the country, drive it about 60 mph, do some 360s in it, go splash through some mud and just tear it up in general.

Then repeat that every day and on the odd days washing it, cleaning it, fixing it, and conditioning it.

Pretty crazy huh? Yeah, but the car is an inanimate object that accomplishes nothing for Christ, while the body is the vessel His light travels through in this dark old world.

At least years ago when I drank and smoked I tried not to pretend to do "healthy" things in all other aspects of my life....such as I never took issue about drinking tap water because of all the "pollutants" in it. Okay, wait a minute, I did to do that....I bet you didn't know that about me huh? I refused to drink the water in my old town because it was "nasty", yet I smoked, I drank and did other things at that time in my life. I don't think the water has anything on the damage the smoking, drinking had on me.

Have you ever met or known someone who was like that? They would ingest smoke "pollutants", alcohol "pollutants", yet turn around, eat tofu (because red meat has too much garbage and bad stuff in it, or cows are gross to eat), refuse to drink the tap water and think that they actually stood for something?

Maybe if we all kept Christ as the center of our focus we would all stand for something, all the time. I know that is something I need to work on, everyday, standing up for Christ. The rest will all handle itself because we are taught that with Christ at the center of our focus, he takes us through all things.

No comments: